Friday, June 17, 2011

"One Minute Productivity Moves"

The older I get, the more I find myself getting distracted and not completing tasks.  It has become a joke between my husband and me about how I'll be cleaning one room, I find something that belongs in a different room, take it to that room, and start cleaning that room, never finishing the first room I started.  I have to laugh about it because it just progresses from one room to the next to the next.  In the end, I have four or five partially cleaned rooms and not one fully finished.

The tips below come from Robin Sharma.  At first glance, 60 seconds doesn't seem like much time to spend on any of the following tasks, but it is amazing what a difference it can make!

1.  Have the courage to get great at saying "No Thanks" to any activities that don't advance your priorities.  

2.  Take 60 seconds every morning to do a written game plan for a productive day.  "The things that get scheduled are the things that get done." as I shared in The Greatness Guide.  

3.  Take a few seconds each day to turn off all your technology and work deeply on a key project with zero distraction.  

4.  Take 60 seconds to breathe deeply and focus on your progress.  This will re-energize and refuel you.  

5.  Take 60 seconds to un-clutter your work area so you create space for your creativity to flow. 

I have found these tips very useful, considering I work from home and have two small children constantly at my feet.  I wouldn't have it any other way, but it definitely helps to take a few minutes each morning to get focused.

Have a productive day!


2 comments:

  1. Love the tips!! Great blog Christi, I need to update mine more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome tips - and I am going to implement them!

    ReplyDelete