Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Playing it Safe in the Sun!

I saw a news clip tonight about sun safety.  The reporter said that the SPF isn't as important as having protection from both UVA and UVB rays.  It was said that having zinc oxide as an ingredient is very helpful when it comes to this.  I know that my sunscreen has zinc in it, but I wanted to double-check the broad spectrum part of it.  I immediately looked up the information, and this is what I found:

  • The healthy sunscreen for healthier skin
  • SPF 30+
  • Rubs in clear and doesn’t leave your skin looking chalky or pasty
Sun Shades Mineral Plus SPF 30+ Sunscreen is the healthy choice for healthier skin. It features a unique form of zinc oxide dispersion that rubs in clear and provides you with full-spectrum protection against the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays. Mineral Plus sunscreen is perfect for sensitive skin and for skin that wishes to be pampered with skin-stimulating, natural minerals. Give your skin the best with Sun Shades Mineral Plus. 

My 3 yr old doesn't burn very easily, but I still want to protect her skin from as much sun damage as possible.  My 7 month old has a VERY fair complexion, and she turned pink from just a few minutes in the sun during intermission at the circus when I didn't think to put sunscreen on her.  We've gone to the pool a couple times already this year, and I used the Sun Shades Mineral Plus sunscreen both times.  My girls don't even have tan lines, and they have literally spent hours in the sun!  :)  I love knowing that products I use on my children are keeping them safe!!  Yay for Melaleuca!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment